Sharing the Word of Faith

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry;" Psalm 34:15 niv

My Photo
Name:
Location: Duncanville, Texas, United States

Janice is a Christian, wife, mother, grandmother and author. She writes fiction and non-fiction for adults and children, devotionals, short stories, and articles. She enjoys spending time with her husband and family, and her grandson is a pure delight. For previous author's interviews and other articles visit my Web site at: www.JaniceOlson.com

Friday, August 01, 2008

Come Out, Come Out Wherever You Are

As a child I loved to play Hide n’ Seek. My grandson to this day still plays the game. I love the hiding part, but wasn’t so keen on the finding. Sometimes, the kids were easy to find, then other times, it would take me forever to locate them.

So many times in our walk with God, we play Hide but not necessarily the Seek part. We hide things in our life even though we are fully aware that God sees and knows all about them. We simply try to forget that He knows.

David became all too conscious that nothing was hidden from God. He speaks about this very thing in Psalm 139:1-16: O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.. . .Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? David continues speaking of how God is and sees and know all about him.

Everywhere we go, anything we do, every word we say, all of it is in full view of God. There is nothing hidden. In those private moments, when no one is around, God is there and sees us. Those times when we speak those words best left unspoken, God hears us. Every one of our actions and deeds do not go unnoticed for God is fully aware of what is taking place, because we cannot flee from His presence. He is everywhere. . .all knowing.

We as Christians need to become deeply aware that God’s Spirit dwells within us, and grieves over us when we do those unseemly things—un-Christ-like things. But He also rejoices over us when we walk upright and strive to live our life in a Christ-like manner.

So we need to remember, when we try to hide those deeds that even we know are wrong, it is impossible. God knows, but He still loves us. However, just as with David, the murderer and adulterer, God wants us to step out of hiding, expose our sins, confess them to Him, then walk uprightly before Him.

Father, as we seek Your face, help us to uncover those unhidden sins. Yes, those sins that You saw the moment we did them. We confess them all and lay them at the feet of Your Son Jesus. Remind us over and again how Your Spirit dwells within us, that He will lead and guide us in the path of truth. Father we love you and we pray this in the wonderful name of Jesus. Amen